It can not comprise when you look at the report that is mere of viewpoints, nor in merely a report associated with opinions regarding the philosophers we discuss. You need to protect the claims you make. You must provide reasons why you should think them.
And that means you can not simply state:
My view is P. I believe this because.
I discover that the considerations that are following. provide an argument that is convincing P.
Descartes says that Q; nonetheless, the thought-experiment that is following show that Q isn’t real.
Descartes says that Q. we find this claim plausible, when it comes to reasons that are following.
- Criticize that argument; or show that one arguments for the thesis are not any good
- Protect the argument or thesis against another person’s critique
- Offer reasons to trust the thesis
- Offer counter-examples to your thesis
- Contrast the skills and weaknesses of two views that are opposing the thesis
- Provide examples that assist explain the thesis, or that assist to make the thesis more plausible
- Argue that one philosophers are devoted to the thesis by their other views, though they cannot emerge and explicitly endorse the thesis
- Discuss exactly what consequences the thesis might have, if it had been true
- Revise the thesis, into the light of some objection